Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rawr

This morning I took the ferry home from Staten Island. There was a layer of fog sweeping over the hudson and gracing the bottom of manhattan island with it's presence. It was absolutely gorgeous. I'll take a grey sky over a blue one any day. A grey sky has so many layers to it, so many shades of blue and purple and green. Look closely into the overcast sky one day and I swear you'll see it.

And the Hudson was a murky yellow green but I promise that was beautiful too!

A cloudy day gives me a thrill a blue sky cannot. There's something so powerful about a day like today. Maybe it's the fact that you know the potential the sky holds, the storms it can produce. And even though you've already checked weather.com for the day, somewhere inside of you is going, "is the sky going to erupt downwards onto the street? will the wind start gusting suddenly?" And you never quite know the answer to that until it happens.

Or maybe It's depressing and I've been obsessed with depressing things since I was three? ie the game poor people I used to play with my sister under the kitchen table, which was supposed to be our hut in the middle of the woods where we would have to fend for ourselves and collect lego blocks of food and dress up in clothes we sewed ourselves (which in reality were just old halloween costumes)

Evidently I also had issues when I was little cause this was totally my favorite game up until middle school (yes I still played imaginary games in middle school)

No comments:

Post a Comment