Saturday, March 14, 2009

Change is Good

So I'm seriously contemplating going down to Washington next Sat. and protesting the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. I just need to make sure I have at least one friend with me, since its about a 5 hour drive on the bus there and back and although I'm friendly with a bunch of people who are going, it'll be nice to have an actual friend there. Hopefully Ayah will come with me yay!

I like getting involved with all the political movements going on at hunter and I'm definitely meeting new people that have really interesting thoughts and ideas and are equally as open to listening to what I have to say, even if it differs from their opinions. I even made posters last Thurs. advertising the protest next Wed at 1 PM outside Hunter West. After the rally, we'll hopefully get enough people to go to the meeting with the Vice President at Hunter to press her on issues surrounding the tuition hikes going into affect in Fall 09 throughout CUNY schools. 

Today was pretty good. School was alright, but then I met mommy by my apartment and she took me food shopping because I don't know how and the lady on line with us laughed when I was talking about how much I struggled making Kraft Macaroni and Cheese and that why I shouldn't even be ALLOWED to cook. The gas stove in this apartment still freaks me out. Afterwards, we met up with my dad, brother and Uncle. The restaurant was amazing and I got to drink wine woo. I also finally talked to my Uncle about that internship at Rescue Me. I'm going to be ruthless about that and make sure I get it this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment