Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Humanity

I feel like I've just been beat up psychologically. My heart is thumping. My breathing's shallow. I'm nauseous and my head feels like its swelling up. My mind is hazy and unclear. 

I hate the way humans treat each other. I hate that their are millions of people around the world who have no voice. That oppression takes place constantly and consistently. That people are unwilling to keep an open mind and listen to what others have to say. That sometimes, you're surrounded by a group of people who you feel so out of synch with that leaving the room seems like an only option. Because some people are so stubborn and set on their own personal agenda that they can't sit back and think, hey--maybe I'm wrong and the other person's right.

Get a grip. Stop hating. Listen with open ears. Accept. Be gracious.

I think I'm taking a break from politics for a while. Not intellectually, but actively. I'm so done with the student movements going on at Hunter. I can't take it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment